torsdag, februari 28, 2008

The taxi, airport, bus, plane, taxi, meeting room, taxi, airport,plane, bus, taxi routine

Jag fick följande text mejlad till mig. Någon som känner igen sig?

I know I am in an enviable position. Most people would be pleased to get the exposure to different places. Meet new people. Learn about lots of stuff.So, I am not complaining.
(Please! I am a white, professional, male working in a safe andprosperous country. If I complain, ignore me.)

The taxi, airport, bus, plane, taxi, meeting room, taxi, airport,plane, bus, taxi routine is not one that inspires great, progressive,philosophical thought.
I've been staring at colour screens of varying sizes all day:
blackberry, phone, departure info, laptop, blackberry, phone,presentation, phone, blackberry, laptop... Etc.

And in that time you hear:
"No signal."
"New message."
"Please switch off."
"Please save..."
"Dial-up."
"Switch off, now."
"No signal..."

So by the end of a day like today -- I started at 645 and am still not home at 2115 -- I feel a bit like the astronaut at the end of 2001: ASpace Odyssey.
"I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Depleted, defeated and lightly fried by cathode rays.

Inga kommentarer: